Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heaven without Christ


I've been reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan for the past week or so. It is a great read designed to truly hurt your brain. It makes you think so hard that your brain physically hurts. Well, at least mine does. I love this type of book. It makes me reflect on my life, my walk with Christ, and the decisions that I've made and continue to make.

In chapter 6, he quotes a passage from God is the Gospel by John Piper. I want you to read what Piper had to say in his book. Then I'm going to challenge you to actually respond this this post. I want to see what you think about this. I want to see how this makes you feel. I want to see if this makes your brain physically hurt like it did mine.

"The critical question for our generation--and for every generation--is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ were no there?" -John Piper

0 comments: