Monday, April 26, 2010

Primal: A Reading Rainbow Moment


Two weeks ago I dove into a new book. This one has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time and I've felt rather guilty about it as the author sent me a copy for free. (By the way, thanks Mark Batterson!) Anyhow, I was captivated within a page. Batterson is a great story teller and he doesn't mess around with fluff at the beginning of his books.

A friend of mine always asks what the nugget of any book is. This book's nugget is pretty clear: "Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength." -Mark 12:30

As this is the greatest commandment, you'd think that Christians would spend a lot of time making sure we're doing it. I don't know that we are though. I think that is why Batterson spends nearly 200 pages on what it means to fulfill this commandment.

Primal made me think. It made me question. At times, it made me hurt.

I'm going to go ahead and recommend this book to you. Definitely read it. If you don't want to buy it-I'll give you mine. (Seth Godin told me to.)

I thought it was so good that I wrote a High School sermon series based off of it. I'll be blogging about that soon! I hope you'll read this-really, I do.

0 comments: