Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good husbands do the dishes.


My wife, Kendahl, and I have always had a rule about dinner: You cook, you clean. There is one problem with this rule though-we tend to only follow it when we're lazy. Meaning, if I don't cook I will generally help out in the kitchen, unless of course I'm too lazy, then I'll pull that rule out of my back pocket. Well, tonight was one of those nights.

First let me say this much-Kendahl made an awesome pork chop and zucchini dinner. So awesome, that I ate too much (thus my laziness). Afterward, we were in the kitchen and Kendahl asked me to do the dishes. That's when I pulled the "You cooked, you clean" card. After some harmless bickering back and forth, she told me to go upstairs and blog about what it means to be a good husband. I saw this as a great opportunity to not do the dishes. So here am I.

What does it mean to be a good husband? I hope you aren't looking for anything awe-inspiring or prolific here. But I do think it is laid out pretty clearly for us in Ephesians 5.

Ephesians 5:25-27

  • 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
In my words: husbands, sacrifice for your wife. Sacrifice your pride, your money, your time, and even your life if necessary. When Christ loved the church, He did that.

Husbands, do the dishes-even when your wife cooked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

[i]interesting website[/i]